"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

CAN YOU COME OUT AND PLAY?


We can all learn to change our lives so the child within each of us can live in balance with the people we have become. We can learn to give the child a voice, let the child play, let the child express needs and fears and pleasures.

We might look at our old baby pictures for a valuable lesson. We will see pictures of ourselves on rocking horses, grinning and waving; pictures of ourselves with our most precious toy - a crude metal car, perhaps; pictures of ourselves rolling in the grass. The lesson we learn is that it doesn't take much to make this child happy - even today.

We keep our own happiness safe inside us to call on whenever we need it, as long as we keep a healthy relationship with the child within. When we nourish the child, we can be assured the child will also nourish us.

What simple thing will make me happy today?


From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©1985, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation.

I am learning now to let little JBR come out and play once again. But this time with Big JBR. To play nicely.

Little JBR is sharing with Big JBR some things that she had never shared and was just too afraid to. Bad things that happened to her while growing up. Big JBR is learning to listen. Not run away nor judge.

I had to really think back to some pictures that were taken of me as a child to even recall if I was playing with toys. Only thing I can recall is playing with plastic rifles, guns and army men.

I remember I would "self entertain" myself. Even into later life. That is what kept me happy and protected me from painful memories. Also used the technique as a survival method that got me through a lot of emotional pain while growing up. Creating scenarios in my mind. Usually after seeing a television program that interested me in my mind then acting it out and becoming the character. So much so, that it had affected me in 3rd grade. I would not do any school work. The teacher called my parents in as she was concerned. I would just sit all day and doodle the Batman car picture on my paper and other characters. (I loved Batman the series at the time). The series was my escape. I felt powerful and invincible. Hmmmmm.....

I am slowly learning now to have a healthy relationship with my child within. Not always easy. Nope, not at all. But I am willing.....


16 comments:

  1. Amen, praying that you will continue to make your child within smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles. i like letting mine come out and play...today is my day off so i am happy already..lol. going ro spend it with my fam...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 15, 2010

    A playful post JBR. Have fun with your little one today. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're having a healthy relationship with your inner child. God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN....

    When mean kids try to enter my sandbox, now...I tell them, "play nice or get out of my sandbox!"

    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like real progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you glad that our relationship with Jesus Christ lifts us out of that lost and forgotten life and sets our feet on the solid Rock giving us a firm place to stand [with Him] giving us a new life - a new goal [kingdom purposes] and a new day?!?!

    Every day with Jesus - is a good day!

    Choosing JOY [above any circumstance],
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'to play nicely' Isn't that the truth. Developing a healthy relationship...what a great step in your journey! And I would say a step towards peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJuly 15, 2010

    I'm happy to hear that Big JBR is learning to listen to Little JBR non-judgmentally. I actually think that being able to entertain yourself is an important skill to have-- it's not healthy to only rely on others for fun. But of course, with everything we all need a balance.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  10. JBR:

    Looks to me like you have a TON of playmates!

    I love that 'picture', so get that shovel and bucket and keep playing!!

    Hugs!

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a hard (and big!) step to be able to listen non-judgementally. I am my hardest critic sometime. Even I can't always do for myself what I want others to do for me. It's a very sobering fact, but you are showing us all that it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liked Batman myself. SOCK! POW! BAM!
    Keep up the good work JBR!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what WinnyNinny said. Too funny and yes to your having fun with that little JBR....Yes to her coming out and really enjoying life. You're the best JBR so she's got to be the best too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your willingness is all it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BTW I posted about Little Paula today too. Great minds work alike :-)) Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww! I love this post. Thank you so much for sharing it. Love, from my inner child to yours!

    (((((((((JBR)))))))))

    ReplyDelete