"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

OK TO BE NEEDY


Allowing myself to be needy was discussed in t.

It is still hard for me to let people in when I am weak and in need of help. I have a strong stubborn independent streak in me stemming back from my parents where one went from one extreme with "overwhelming me with fear" and the other one to just telling me to "suck it up."

My previous post about prayer for my migraine, which I thank all who have prayed for me, was a big step. Did not want to post about my need. The battle was on big time. I finally broke down, because frankly, I was hurting. I was in pain. I wanted to reach out and let you guys in. I took a chance. I want to be able to feel comfortable enough in the future to be able to call upon you all again.

The more I trust that I am not this overbearing person, that I do have needs, that I am weak, the easier the process will become. I want to believe fully one day, that I deserve to have my healthy needs met. That I am truly worthy.


We can accept ourselves as people who have needs - the need for comfort, love, understanding, friendship, and healthy touch. We need positive reinforcement, someone to listen to us, someone to give to us. We are not weak for needing these things. These needs make us human and healthy. Getting our needs met - believing we deserve to have them met - makes us happy.

There are times, too, when in addition to our regular needs, we become particularly needy. At these times, we need more than we have to give out. That is okay too.

We can accept and incorporate our needs, and our needy side, into the whole of us. We can take responsibility for our needs. That doesn't make us weak or deficient. It doesn't mean we are not properly recovering, nor does it mean we're being dependent in an unhealthy way. It makes our needs, and our needy side, manageable. Our needs stop controlling us, and we gain control.

And, our needs begin to get met.

Today, I will accept my needs and my needy side. I believe I deserve to get my needs met, and I will allow that to happen.

Hazelden Foundation

9 comments:

  1. i hear you loud and clear on this one...i struggle with admitting i need help at times...i think the times of financial trouble (job loss) have humbled me in this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need each other. We all have needs. The reason I started blogging was to help others that are like me and have unmet needs. I remember all the defense systems I set up for myself. Nobody knew all the pain I was carrying around inside myself. We are learning how to trust for the first time in our lives. You keep asking when you need our help and support. I think God has a reason that we met by blogging. I wish my faith was as strong as yours, but God see each of us and healing comes at different paces for each person, Remember I am there for you. ((((JBR)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wonderful person JBR and I pray for you everyday. We are all needy :) God bless you and thank you for your prayers for my dad and Kevin. It touches me that you think of others even while you are going through so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hardest part of having a chronic condition like migraines is that sometimes you have the need to be lifted up.

    For me that has been a struggle too. Glad you asked this morning, because it helped me to focus on someone else for awhile while I talked with God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really proud of you for reaching out for help. Wanda is right-- we all have needs. It's part of being human. Everyone needs help from time to time. You know what? I think this calls for a song (one of my favorites): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBDF04fQKtQ

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for you sweetie and hope all is well today! i fall in that same category of that stubborn irish (from my mom) attitude that i find it very difficult to ask for my needs. discussed that one in rehab. so, here goes, i'm asking for your prayers also for me. it feels so selfish to do that but loved the way your blog described how it's normal, it's okay to ask for what we need. loved it! xoxo janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.
    Vitamin for my soul.
    Huge thanks,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad for you when I see the outpour of love here!!

    ReplyDelete