"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Monday, July 23, 2012

HANDICAPPED MIND

"The enemy knows that you and I will be too handicapped to live in consistent victory until we actively believe we are who, AND what, God says we are." - Beth Moore

Having the assurance of who we are in Christ is our major defense in fighting off the enemies attack.

Keep in mind, satan will not give up easily with his attacks on our minds and bodies. That is a given. But, we can combat them with the Truth. The Word of God. I find myself daily reminding satan that "I am the righteousness of Christ." Rebuking his lies. His attempts to throw his line of arsenals my way.

My mind is my biggest weakness for attack. Especially having a blessed day at church yesterday. The Spirit was moving. Gifts were flowing. A playground for satan afterwards to torment you. Opportunity for him to steal your joy. Because he ain't a happy camper. Unfortunately he did get the better of me in my thoughts.

When under attack conflicting and painful thoughts run rampant in my mind. Things could be going well for me at the moment, then satan lets loose with negative and debilitating thoughts. Having me compare myself with others. Saying that I am useless and have no purpose to God or anyone. Trying to cripple me then with more depression and uncertainty of who I am in Christ.

Deciphering my thought processes daily is a challenge. Brought up in an environment of conflicting and detrimental messages in my household left me confused, hurt and vulnerable to negative beliefs about myself.

Yeah, there are times I really want to give in as my weary mind has had enough. My body is tired. But, knowing that in consistency lies the power and so I cast down those negative and intrusive thoughts.

I do not want my mind to be handicapped. The battlefield in our mind will undoubtedly be a daily battle. A battle against the enemy. Battling today's thoughts one day at a time. But knowing who we are in Christ and having God as our leader, is always guaranteed a victory.


"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" - 2 Corinthians 10:5


13 comments:

  1. Good for you for recognizing it and coming against it with God's Word. You have the mind of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I' ve had a traumatic weekend, by God 's grace I got through.

    I constantly need mind washing by the Holy Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone once told me that the more struggles you have means that the devil is working overtime because he knows you are a child of God. I like to think that the more struggles means God has a lot of confidence in us that we will overcome. Either way, keep on fighting the battles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word for today. There is a similar theme in our post. I love how God does that. Many blessings in the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hon,
    Satan sure is sneaky, I'm so glad you can see these as his attacks. :) You are doing a great job fighting them with God's word.

    Praying for you!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like you battle that type of thinking. You are fighting the good fight. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mind is conveniently accessible to the enemy as well when it comes to attacks. That is my weakest strength...controlling my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, satan loves to do this to me too, Grace. I get bombarded especially right after confessing my sins or leaving church. I have in some ways a similar background to you and the enemy still tries to use this to his advantage at times. Using the Holy Name of Jesus and Scripture is the best tactic unless you're with others (then they can help too). I'm praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also daily remind Satan that "I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus" and that "by His stripes I am healed". What power in those simple words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by Buttercup's. Wishing you a week of peace and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi JBR. You inspire me whenever I stop by. I needed to read this tonight. I will pray for you.
    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. YoBit lets you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 distinct crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as many as coins you need from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

    You can press claim as much as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will held in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or Dollars.

    ReplyDelete