"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

TROPICAL STORM ISAAC

I live in South Florida. Tropical Storm Isaac is now making its presence felt around the noon hour E.S.T. Even though South Florida will not get a direct hit, we are starting to be bombarded by heavier torrential rain and some 50+ sustaining winds. In a few hour the worst of the storm will be upon us. It will be the closest. Winds gusting to possibly 60+ at times. Also the possibility of tornadoes popping up.

Although I sneaked out early this morning, I will be more than likely cooped up inside. Probably blogging and will be able to reply back to your comments. But, there is always a possibility of losing power. A few thousand have already lost power. All it takes is a good gust of wind to knock a line down. I have already been experiencing power surges when rain squalls go by. Last time that happened I lost power for five days when Hurricane Wilma came through in 2005. So if you do not see me in a few days you know I have no electric.


"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure. Endurance then develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation." Romans 5:3-5 (NLT)

36 comments:

  1. JBR keep safe. Let us know how you're weathering the storm if you can. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi onthewaynow. This post will be a good indication in having the opportunity to respond back to each bloggy friend depending on if I have electric later on. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Be careful...

    Be safe...

    One does not have to receive a direct hit from these things in order to be totally devastated. New Orleans and Katrina is an example of this.

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers BB. Blessings.

      Delete
  4. Praying that you will be full of peace in the midst of the physical storm and any emotional ones that might pop up...I am so thankful that I found your blog! You bless me often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BB. Now, there are two BB's (Banning Brewd). Your words are very kind and I am blessed that you are part of my encouraging and blessed blog community. Always look forward to what the Lord has placed on your heart to share. As usually, it is so relate-able as we seem to be on the same wave length in Spirit. Blessings.

      Delete
  5. Hope you will be able to stay safe. May your guardian angel watch over you! My sister lived in Florida for several years and I remember her having to evacuate every year during hurricane season. Florida is still one of my favorite places and I'd retire there one day if I could. Anytime you want to show us pictures of Florida, I would love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, thank you for your sweet comment. I was born here and grew up in Hurricane territory most my life. So, I have seen my share. But, I must admit, growing up during a hurricane as a kid had its advantages of playing in the flooded waters around my house that remained if there was a water surge. Would over flow the drains in the streets which would then cause the flooding. Got my flat piece of wood out then, and made it into surfboard on the water. Many skinned knees and elbows on the pavement. But who cared. It entertained me. Blessings.

      Delete
  6. God bless and protect you JBR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi JBR,
    Praying for you safety. This must be a scary thing to go through. When we have high winds I can hear the roof rattle and I always think about the verse Luke 6:48
    He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CoG for your prayers. Nah, this really will not be severe as it will not be a hurricane nor a direct hit as a hurricane. Now, in the days to come, there will be much needed prayer for where the hurricane with more power will eventually make land fall. Blessings.

      Delete
  8. As I pray covering over us, and others in various areas who may be affected from this storm, I am praying also for you and everyone in So Florida.

    Stay safe...God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you for the prayer. You must be somewhere that this storm is heading towards you. Blessings.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Debby. Just doing that. Staying inside while the storm rages outside. Blessings.

      Delete
  10. OMG stay safe. I don't like storms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to worry. God has me safely in His care. Blessings.

      Delete
  11. Just a note to say I hope you will be alright. Please stay safe and let us know how it is going.

    Peace and love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam. Good to see you. Thank you for your concern. The worst is over for South Florida and the Keys and it really did not amount to what they expected. You never know with these storms. Blessings.

      Delete
  12. Be safe, my friend! Praying Ps. 91 over you~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Shelly. All is well. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sending love and prayer for comfort and peace,
    protection and provision, and even happy surprises....little tokens of His love for your personal and sweet between the two of you:)
    love you, friend,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is quite a storm coming through. I've been seeing some of the coverage on TV. I hope you continue to stay safe, JBR.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AS OF THIS MORNING SOUTH FLORIDA IS STILL FEELING THE EFFECTS OF HEAVY RAIN AND STRONG WINDS AS THE TROPICAL STORM MOVES UP THE GULF TO ITS NEXT DESTINATION.

    WE NEED TO PRAY FOR LOUISIANAN AND THE OUTLINING STATES.

    ReplyDelete
  17. May th e Lord keep you safe. Take care

    ReplyDelete