"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Monday, April 08, 2013

GOD DOESN'T SEE US IN OUR PAINFUL PAST



I have been listening to a audio book a friend gave me, "Waking Up In Heaven" by Crystal McVea. The book is phenomenal. Recommended reading.

Crystal died on the operating table from a simple operation in 2009. And for nine minutes while the hospital doctors tried to revive her, she went to Heaven.

The encounter she had in Heaven with God and the Angels was wonderfully unbelievable. Really, there are no words to describe what she shares. She even herself shares being wordless in describing what she encountered. Who wouldn't? But, the one thing that was ever so present was the love of God!

As much as she DID NOT WANT TO RETURN to earth, God had her go back. Telling her that besides sharing what she remembered in Heaven, she had to share about her troubled childhood. Something she never spoke about before that time.

There were many things I could relate to her. The sexual abuse as a child. The divorce of her parents. Although how we responded to our pain was different, the results brought on the same. Guilt, shame, condemnation and the lack of appreciation of ourselves and appearance.

My initial reason to why I wanted to read this book was because anyone who has tasted Heaven and has come back to talk about it excites me! Because I desire Heaven soooo much! Little did I know that this book also would revealed how God wanted Crystal not only to talk about her time in Heaven, but to share her abused past.


My older brother and I. Me at 6.

Although this book left me awestruck with her meeting "Love" Himself, at the same time my earthly spirit plummeted into sorrow and pain as I related to what she had been sharing.

While her time in Heaven, God showed her a beautiful innocent child. Free, pure and happy! God told her that the child who was so care-free was "her" at three. Quite a different picture she remembered on earth at three when she was being sexually abused. Crystal was amazed. God also told her that is how He sees her. Sees all of us! Pure! WoW! That grabbed my heart. Now, I see why God wanted her to tell her whole story. Her past was important and benefical to the hurting.

Despite our pasts, flaws and hurts, God sees a pure, free-going and innocent child. In each one of us. God does not see us through our painful past.

15 comments:

  1. I want to read this!Even though I have no abuse in My Childhood,I NEVER pass up a genuine experience with My eternal home-I just get so excited.Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about people's death experiences because I had one myself at 28. I too was told it was not time yet and I had to go back. I believe I was taken to the 'third heaven' as described by Paul. It was absolutely beautiful, indescribable and it was 'reality' to me. My twenty eight years of life was like a dream that I had awoken from, and I had an expanded knowledge there that was taken away from me when I returned to this life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful book. I have Proof of Heaven to read which I got for Christmas. It's about a doctor who died and came back to share his story. I believe it will be so grand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, Grace. You have made me want to read this book. I've read others that talk about a near death experience, but I haven't read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad this book encouraged you. Heaven is going to be so amazing! I can hardly wait to meet up with all my brothers and sisters in Christ and worship Jesus face to face. I will grab your hands and we will dance before our Lord and cry our eyes out.

    Blessings hon,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for recommending that book. it sounds like something I would like to read. I love to think of Him as picturing us free and innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him--1 Cor.2:9

    It's encouraging to hear about testimonies like that that helps us hold on to that hope He promised...knowing the truth is in Him. To think that there's no more pain...shame...etc...Unfathomable! But that's how His love is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you and Crystal McVea make a really good point-- who were are and who we were is not completely defined by what happened/happens to us. Even though she was sexually abused didn't mean that she was just a victim of sexual abuse, she was a child with thoughts and dreams. Although what happens to us shapes our past, current, and future perceptions of ourselves, they don't change the reality than you are so much more than a victim! You're so brave, JBR.

    Be well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...please share more...the book sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi JBR,
    I am glad God does not see us through our painful past, but He sees the righteousness of His Son. How awesome heaven will be,
    God bless,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow sounds awesome! You know god allowed me a little touch of heaven. I was walking then all of a sudden I didn't have a care in the world and I felt like I was walking on clouds. It was so lovely and peaceful. I can't wait to be with Our Daddy!
    Please continue to share JBR!
    Hugs my dear friend, and blessings ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an amazing view indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey JBR....the book sounds interesting...wishing you a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Grace,
    I love reading books about people who have died and visited heaven. I'll have to look for this one!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete