"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

battlefield of "MY" mind



For the past couple of months, my sleep has been not good. Last night not being any different. I know I am struggling and working through issues, but I feel so very weak and more vunerable when I am not properly suited for daily battle. I have prayed to the Lord about this, but still am finding many a night, once I wake up, "my" battlefield of the mind explodes into a full-out rage of war of negative anxious thoughts and worries and cannot go back to sleep! I have never, ever had such a problem with lack of sleep before and experiencing this new backdoor Satan seemed to have found with me I feel many times defeated! I totally believe this is a spiritual battle and not chemically in any way. As I stated earlier, this has never been a problem with me until I have been set on my journey to freedom!!



With that being said I am and continue rebuking all the negativity and Satan's attacks on me that come daily and now more nightly! I am also realizing the following prayer I found....




I am anxious, Lord.

And I feel guilty about feeling anxious.

And I feel anxious about feeling guilty.

And I feel anxious about feeling guilty about feeling anxious.

Help!

I am overwhelmed by all I am trying to do.

I need your invitation to serenity.

I bring you my requests today, Lord.

I bring them to you.

I admit that I do not have the power to solve these problems.

I acknowledge that you are Powerful.

I ask you to take care of me today.

Amen.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry that you are not getting the proper sleep you need. Resting in God is the truth. I do hope you find this rest you are search for

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the not sleeping. When I'm going through a period of extreme anxiety sleep evades me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also had sleep issues during hard times. I had received a relaxation tape once. Breathing exercises, etc. I did this in bed, and I think the fact I got my mind off things for JUST a moment I fell back to sleep. lol I was surprised it worked for me!

    I hope you find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always believe that when I wake up in the night it is to pray for the ones who struggle sleeping. I will place you on that list. I will pray right now.

    Dearest Lord, I pray for my sister in Christ who is being attacked from lack of sleep. I pray that you will give her supernatural strength and that her mind would be covered by the helmet of salvations. That no weapon formed against her will prosper. She will be a victor in Jesus and stand above her temptor. Charging the angels around her for protection against the darts of lies. Amen.
    Isaiah 54:17, Ephesians 6, 1 corinthians 10:13 and Philippians is an awesome book on Joy and praise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by. There are some comforting and awesome words here. I find it so peaceful. Sleep eludes me also. The voices, the crying children, the arguing, the memories, covered in black, that I need to reach. Your list of I choose....we can see ourselves in some of those. Thank you for being who you are...you feel safe to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot--I'm always forgetting, that way I get to double-dip--forgot to let you know I sleep very little, I mean like 4 hrs many nights in a row B4 I crash for 8 or 10 hrs. But it is by choice...I just don't wanna go to bed. Afraid I'll miss something? Don't know. But sleep comes to me INSTANTLY, 5 second, my wife tells me. ....If I count backward from 100, I only get out the word "one", that's the truth--almost! NOW do I qualify for "just be real???? Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a response, thank you all!

    Steveroni-You are too funny! Yeah, you qualify to "being real." Thanks!

    Rainbow - Glad you "all" found some comfort here, I am sorry that you too have trouble with sleep. Do pray one day that you all will be set free.

    Tanya-Your thoughtfulness does not go without notice. Thank you dearly for your prayer, so much appreciated dear one!

    Hannah - Sorry that you have struggled with sleep problems, but found a remedy that works for you. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Ron - Thank you for sharing the truth about God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love REAL PEOPLE. I read the book "The Velveteen Rabbit" years ago. We are all in this life together so we might as well be real. Thank for the post and thanks for the comment on my posts. Blessings of Peace be yours today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tanya, Last night at church we had a missionary,which we often do. He said something that I wrote down. He said we had 70,000 thoughts go through our mind in one day.
    Then he gave this Scripture:

    For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds. Casting down imagination and every high thing that exalted itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthains 4-5
    Can you imagine 70,00 thoughts? No way we can
    handle this by ourself. We can't help the birds flying over our heads but we can keep them from building a nest there. Praying tht God will help you and bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Marj! Appreciate it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete