"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Saturday, May 02, 2009

THE WAIT


I thought I would share another song, like the one earlier shared HERE that I wrote.

The Wait also was written in 1974 while sitting in the back row of once again my English class. Told you, I did not pay much attention in school. The song is more complex, poorly structured and abstracted (is that a word?) than the other which was more direct and full of anger. As stated before, I do not have many “personal” related songs. All others are superficial. Except once in a blue moon reality would set in and I produced something that was actually happening at the time to me and I wrote about it:


The Wait

The view I look, through my eyes.
I see is the morning dew on the leaves.
As I watch, feet walk in.
The morning bell rings within.
The aisle lined up, for the big event.
To me it means, “that my life is spent.”

The long wait.
The wait to see.
The wait to be.
Is when we see.
The thing that’s me.
This thing will come.
But, I’ll have to wait, patiently.

The weariness inside.
The butterflies.
Are there to be released.
The thoughts through my mind.

The long wait.
The time is here.
The wait is gone.
The wait of fear.
The fear is gone.
My life carries on.

Until next term.
The wait will return.


I am not revealing yet “the thing” I was waiting for….. any guesses???

9 comments:

  1. I really liked this, JBR

    ReplyDelete
  2. great posting,thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stuck-in-the-middleMay 02, 2009

    Interesting lyrics. Can't figure what thing you are referring to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real great post - very inspiring and full of meaning. This song remind me of trials will produce patience and let the patience to complete its work. grace and peace to you,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful words for a youngster at the time. You need to give yourself more credit. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy reading your blog, because you really dig deep into issues that most try and ignore. Thank you for sharing with us. It hits home... for many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't want to guess. what i feel is a weary anticipation without escape route...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A baby, perhaps?

    Waiting is a difficult process.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't guess, the feeling is familiar to me. Waiting to escape my life at home, counting the minutes, the hours until I could be free. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete