"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Friday, December 11, 2009

MANIPULATION


FIRST

I feel led to pray for my bloggie friends. As I have noticed this past week it has been a real challenge for some of you emotionally and/or physically! I am so very sorry for your pain!

"Dear One, I pray in the Mighty Name of Jesus for a total healing in your body, soul and mind! May All the attacks from the enemy be squashed and you be restored full! May you see and feel a change quickly in the name of Jesus! Amen!"

I too can relate that this week has been REALLY taxing on my body and emotions!!!!! So much, to my amazement how deep my emotional pain is!!!!

Seriously, you have to be careful for what you ask for from God (as in Jabez), because He will honor it! When I say I am willing to go through the surgery and pain of my journey, He takes me literally! Oh yes He does! Ouch! 10,000 times over!!!

This devotional I certainly can relate to at present!!!! DESIRING to take control! DESIRING to know the next step! DESIRING to know how MUCH longer must I endure the pain of my journey!

I wonder if you too will see yourself as well in the words below?


You probably don't see yourself as being "power-hungry," but power plays an intimate role in each of our lives. We all have a need to control our circumstances. In childhood, we throw tantrums to get our way. By adulthood, we've mastered the art of manipulation. In fact, you could be a manipulator, or the one being manipulated, and not even realize it!

Manipulation isn't wrong only because it's dishonest and selfish. Manipulation happens when humans take control of their own circumstances in order to have their needs met. We're not designed to meet our own needs. Only God can do that. He's designed your heart to need Him. He's made the world to thrive under His power. Trust the One who directs the birds' song, commands the seas, and knows the stars by name. Ask Him to help you surrender your heart. With your life in His hands instead of your own, you'll find lasting security. (Hope for the Heart)

Lord I pray that my heart will surrender to you fully today as best it understands to. I desire to cut the strings of control! Thank you!

20 comments:

  1. Darlin' there is no power in having authority. There is only responsibility. The perfectly powerful life is the one lived knowing that power is the ability to be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m joining with you JBR. I think when we stand together - we are a force the enemy can't cut through. Whatever he tried to do will fizzle. Stay safe. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” – Phil 4:19

    JBR, notice the above verse says “ALL.” It doesn’t say “some” or “most,” but it says that He will meet all of our needs. It doesn’t say how He will meet our needs and I have found from experience the way He does it is often not what I expected. But the bottom line is that God is faithful and He does what He promises. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!

    This is a hard thing, for it requires trust, and believing that the one we are giving control to is good. The more we really believe God is for us, and he is, the more we will trust, and the more we will willing yield.

    Sometime for some, it is saying, Lord, I don't know about this, but I want to know, please open my heart to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN...standing together in prayer with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.  I'll agree with you to cut those strings.  Like what you say in your header about not giving others the responsibility for your joy!  Good move JBR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JBR, amen and bless you for seeing the needs of others. I too will join with you in prayer. God bless you and have a great day!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too felt led yesterday to pray for all blogging friends...Amen with your prayer JBR! We must be prayerful...What Paul reminded the churches with, still stands true today! May God protect us and guide us. Blessings to you JBR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for these beautiful prayers.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be blessed for you are considerate and prayerful of others. I appreciate and loved the beautiful prayer. I also will be more conscientious of my actions so they are not any form of manipulation to have my desires me.

    You are a very beautiful person, JBR, inside and out. I pray for God's loving hand to heal your heart and your pain.

    Much love,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love ya girl!
    And isn't it amazing the forms of manipulation that are considered "acceptable".
    Surrender is another one of those things that I have to be reminded of, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that was gooood. I have noticed of late that I try and manipulate things, try to get my way. Sometimes it's just a matter of keeping my mouth shut. I'm so thankful that God is gaining more control of my life, as I hand it over to Him. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good post. Thanks for the prayer also. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful prayer to join in lifting up...trying to control our circumstances...hmmm...believe I've been there before...still wrestle with it sometimes....

    ReplyDelete
  15. JBR,

    What a perfect reminder that even though we may think we are in control of what is happening in our lives, its God that remains in constant control of our lives every moment of every day. It's much easier to go with His leading than to try and do it without Him.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your prayers. I need them... and I pray for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm trying to just get out a dark hole

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been saying the Jabez prayer "Oh that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory. That your hand would be with me. And that you would keep me from evil" . But I worry what will be the events that would allow my prayers to be answered... more hardship. I'm scared, I don't want more problems in my life. Can they all go away.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying with you, and for you.

    ReplyDelete