"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CONCRETE ANGEL ***May Trigger***

Video depicts physical abuse. Watch with caution!

All types of child abuse and neglect leave lasting scars. Some of these scars might be physical, but emotional scarring, sexual abuse as well has long lasting effects throughout life, damaging a child’s sense of self, ability to have healthy relationships and ability to function at home, at work and at school. Sounds all too familiar to me.

I am still processing, after a week, where my physical abuse were painful slaps in the face/mouth and body usually accompanied by harsh words from my mother which resulted me feeling overpowered, angry and very scared.




She walks to school with the lunch she packed
Nobody knows what she's holding back
Wearing the same dress she wore yesterday
She hides the bruises with the linen and lace, oh

The teacher wonders but she doesn't ask
It's hard to see the pain behind the mask
Bearing the burden of a secret storm
Sometimes she wishes she was never born

Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place
Where she's loved concrete angel

Somebody cries in the middle of the night
The neighbors hear but they turn out the light
A fragile soul caught in the hands of fate
When morning comes it will be too late

Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place
Where she's loved concrete angel

A statue stands in a shaded place
An angel girl with an upturned face
A name is written on a polished rock
A broken heart that the world forgot

Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place
Where she's loved concrete angel


7 comments:

  1. May God gently heal your hurting heart and soul. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. POWERFUL vid. Ihear you and can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropped by to thank you for your prayers. I have posted a prayer button for baby Amden.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when this video first came out. I was still in denial of my own pain, but I was so moved by it. I still am, but it hurts so much more to watch. I am praying for you as you are grappling with this new pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful but sad video knowing that it's happening or had happened. May God continue to cover you with His strength and comfort. Take care JBR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh JBR...you are a Daughter of the Most High God and He is carrying you right now when you have no strength to walk on your own...LET HIM my sweet friend...it is in those moments when He restores us and HE allows us to become want He has wanted us to become then He is glorified in and through us. You are in my prayers friend. Love and Blessings ;=O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first time I saw that video, I cried like a baby. Thank you, JBR, for sharing a little more of your personal experience and for raising awareness. (((((((JBR)))))))

    ReplyDelete