"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Friday, February 19, 2010

WORD OF GOD SPEAK

We may have been brought up in a family environment so dysfunctional that our only outlet of survival was to shut down, withdraw and isolate. I can relate to all three. Unfortunately carrying this emotional dysfunction over onto God is very common which could result in difficulty accepting His love and trusting Him.

Trust and love are two areas tough for me. Not only with God, but with others. Love is more difficult only because I was brought up on sick love and beliefs that I do not know any other kind.

Reading how God so much loves me, can be hard to digest and connect to in my heart. As I continue to willingly commune more deeply with Him, read His Word, seek what He has to say and reveal to me, I find myself slowly drawing closer to accepting His love for me a little bit more each time.

I welcome the Word of God to speak to me! How about you?

7 comments:

  1. Having been a victim of misplaced trust and unreturned love before, I certainly understand your concerns.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cling to GOD's word! LOVE IT!! Slept with my Bible in my arms more than a few times in my life.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful for God's love. His Word is my strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, thank you for the insight. we all need to be reminded. God is so good to me. I am raising three teens whose dad isnt saved and is against our christain lifestyle & I let the drama and attitude from them drain me of grace. My issue, I know. Its really nice to be reminded of His love. xxoo LA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cling to the Word of God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just strolling through blog land and reading your posts. I share the same problem. If we grow up in an environment not being able to trust our father/mother, we are learning how to trust God-starting all over. It's not easy, but we're getting there. You are doing all the right things to make that happen sister. xxxxooo janie

    ReplyDelete