"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

HE TOOK OUR SHAME

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus
the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him
endured the cross, scorning the shame."
Hebrews 12:2

For many of us we have carried shame over into our adulthood. Not understanding the magnitude effect it would have on us later in life. Shame can be created from past abuses, neglect, verbally, i.e. constantly being told "you are stupid," a specific trauma etc.

In my own personal story I am learning through the pain of shame there is an opportunity for healing and also an opportunity to share with others the hope in the journey.

I am mindful and comforted by the scripture quoted above. Jesus faced and took upon Himself all of our pain, sins, and sufferings. Including shame. Jesus went right through the sufferings for us.




9 comments:

  1. Yes, I have seen that shame and fear went hand in hand to keep me from experiencing the joy of the Lord. Praise Jesus for taking the shame so I can be free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame and Fear. Powerful characters. When they show up in my life I will be sure to point them to the cross :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. enjoyed the song...keep laying your shame down at his feet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laying my fear, insecurities, worries, shame....EVERYTHING at the feet of Jesus is something I need to do daily. To get on my face before God and fully surrender to Him.

    ((((HUGS))))

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, it does help me, to be reminded that He helps our sufferings, right now

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post hit home. You're my message from God, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your post and the reminder that Jesus has suffered the same things we suffer and can offer us comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so so SO appreciate this
    about the Lord!
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete