"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

CHRIST LIVES WHERE YOUR NIGHTMARES ARE


Many of us suffer from disturbing nightmares. I have been one that has not..... until recently.

My dreams have increased over the past few weeks.

Had a really disturbing nightmare this morning which dealt with total rejection. Rejection is one of my biggest fears. In the dream world, as we know, our nightmares can be so vivid and emotionally disturbing.

This nightmare was a doozey. So bad, that I wanted to end it all in my nightmare because the rejection was so very deep and I did not know how to handle it. I actually found myself shaking myself awake as I was so overcome.

Tried as much to think and meditate on the Word in order to really forget the dream. I did not want to remember. But, for some reason I still can recall the details to the tee just a few hours later even.

I know I have been under attack more than normal these days, so that has a lot to do with it I am sure.

But, what I have learned is that Christ is right in the midst of my nightmare and wants to comfort and reassure me that all is okay despite the attacks of the enemy. Nothing gets past Him without His approval. May not understand His reasoning, but I have to trust Him.

"For the Lord will not forsake his people; he will not abandon his heritage;" Psalm 94:14

11 comments:

  1. Forever trust Him sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a very vivid dream this morning that I could not "shake off". I have been asking the Lord what He wants to say to me through it. Thank you for this truth: "Christ is right in the midst of my nightmare" and the understands the feeling of rejection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics made your post even more powerful. First, I felt anguish from the 1st one but I rejoice in the second one knowing how much God loves us and values us. Passing by JBR to let you know you are thought of in prayers despite my busy schedule. God bless and thank you for encouraging me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been prone to nightmares throughout the course of my life and know how disturbing they can be. Knowing that Jesus is always with us, even when we have nightmares is a consoling thought, isn't it? My guess is that He must have had a few in his life, too, since he was human and suffered just like us. God bless you, JBR:) I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "If God be for us who can be against us." You hang in there. You are on the wining side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be close
    to a breakthrough.
    Don't despair.
    Don't despair, sweetie.
    Just don't despair.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have been through horrible nightmares. Sometimes I have felt God there and sometimes not. However, when I don't feel him - I still know he's there - it is me - not him. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christ protects everywhere we go..even in our nightmares.
    Hugs and blessings,
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. When the attacks increase...a victory is just ahead...hang in there, girl...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The end of your post makes me soooooo happy! Bless you, JBR! This is inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is there in the midst of those nightmares...and He will give us no more than what we can handle.

    ReplyDelete