"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Monday, August 15, 2011

URGENT MEDICAL


Well JBR did not make it to work today.

Remember when I shared a couple of posts ago about when pain and symptoms get to their ultimate unbearable point, then JBR FINALLY breaks down and seeks help.

I have been suffering from dizziness since last Friday. And feeling really lousy and fatigued for the longest time.

Having difficulty keeping my balance, I was able to drive myself to a "Urgent Medical Care" facility. Where I was diagnosed with possible fluid in the ear. But, definitely high blood pressure.

I knew I suffered from high blood pressure for a very long time. But, like any stubborn and rebellious individual, who is very fearful, and has issues to work through in this area, I ignored it. Knowing very well it is known as "the silent killer." Could not ignore this time tough.

The doctor would not release me, by law, until she got my b/p under control. It was very high. I was prescribed Meclizine (Antivert) for ten days for the dizziness and Lisinopril unfortunately now for life for the high blood pressure.

Also was given an EKG which was good.

Was told to come back Wednesday morning for a follow-up.

I do feel a whole heck a lot better. Thank you Lord!

I have a b/p machine at home, and it is good to see now the readings in the normal range. Something that has not been so in I do not know how many years.

Only bad side effects of these two meds is that they make you extremely drowsy. I slept most the day.

So, are we done yet Lord? Besides the pending surgery of my mum's cancerous growth in two weeks? Probably not, huh?

25 comments:

  1. Having hypertension myself, I feel for you...Not fun with that dizziness. I'm glad you're okay and that you were seen and treated. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I screwed up the spelling bad on the comment that I made,that's why I removed the comment. Now for the comment I will keep you and you Mom in my Prayers.big time Hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you, JBR. I'm glad you went to the doctor's for this and I hope the medication helps keep your BP down. I know you feel overwhelmed right now with everything that's been going on but things won't stay like this forever. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((((JBR))) Sending hugs of support your way.

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have HBP and have had for years. I know it can make you feel lousy! Just keep an eye on it the meds should help. Will be praying for you and your Mum.
    Blessings in HIM...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so proud of you for getting help! I know how much you don't like to do that. But it had a really good outcome! And when you're physically well it's easier to be emotionally well-- trust me.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  8. JBR, glad you gave in and went to see a doctor. Sending Reiki and prayers for healing. My experience with every blood pressure medicine that I have ever been put on is a week of being extremely tired before my body adjusts to the new medicine. The next week I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're taking care of that high blood pressure now, and sleep..it's not a bad thing to sleep, JBR..Hugs to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Precious One~

    I am so glad that you went and sought medical attention. I will be praying for you!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you are doing better and praying for your mom.
    Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you are feeling better. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. JBR glad you went to the doctors. Sorry that you had to go through what you did. Feeling better will make all the difference as you continue on your walk to freedom. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you got the help needed to
    bring that pressure down....a healthy
    step you took.
    Cheers to taking the next step.
    It's always about taking that one step.
    That's all you can look at sometimes,
    just the next right thing to do.
    Well done, you.
    And sending love and prayers for healing
    happening quickly.
    Much hope,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI JBR - I am so glad you went to the ER, phew. I am on the same BP medication, and in time you wont feel so tired from it, I promise. Keep feeling better
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very thankful that you went to the hospital & they took care of you, even if it was by law that they didn't let you leave! ;-)

    Praying for you my friend! I have high-blood pressure too and ignore it or tell my self it's just an anxiety attack, until the symptoms are so bad I think I'm having a stroke.. which could very well happen to us both.

    Take care of yourself, JBR!!! & Praying for you!!! ~Coreen XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you sought after some help. You did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. JBR, I'm so glad that you got help & that you are feeling better now. Take care of yourself. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi JBR,
    It is a good idea to keep your BP under control as a stroke can happen. I am following a blog from a lady that had a major stroke because she did not keep her BP down. :(

    Praying for you and your mom,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take care of yourself JBR, blood pressure is definitely something you need to keep an eye on. No wonder it has been high, with everything you've had to deal with! Blessings to you, friend x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry that things are piling up for you right now, especially your own health. But I'm glad you took care of yourself and got what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are still hanging on! Praise God! I'm glad you went in to see the doc. My family and my DH's especially, have crazy high B/P. I ask him to please at least get checked out. Guess what his reply to me is? "Aww.. we all got to go sometime, might as well be happy when you go". He winks at me but I swaney, it makes me want to take my shoe off and...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Take care of your health, hope you feel better. Be at peace, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure it was the Lord who sent you to seek help. Medicine has it's place, and does take care of high BP, hubby halso takes Lisinopril... no problems and no more high BP.
    Be a good girl and do what the Dr. orders!! :)

    Praying for all to be fine. It does seem that when it rains it pours, been there too, and no doubt will be again.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so sorry. This is what stress does to us.
    I'm not sure about your meds but I am on two BP pills and one I was told to take at night because it can make you drozy. Maybe you should ask if you can take it at bedtime.

    ReplyDelete