"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

SABBATICAL

It has been almost two months since I was laid off from my job.

I spoke with a ex-co-worker last night who filled me in with what has been going on since I left.

I must say my spirit was grieved with the latest news. But, at the same time knowing how I have been protected from what continues to go on.

As I reflected today in the pool, the sting of "why and how I was let go" still resonates with me. Then the Lord put these words into my Spirit, "You Are On Sabbatical."

Matthew 11:28-30 came to mind:
"Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

He knew how my weary soul needed rest and apparently still does.....


16 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, JBR. I am sorry that you are out of work, but I'm glad that you are getting the rest you need and deserve. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,how he loves you and me! A Sabbatical..is such a good thing,and even more so when it has been ordain by God.......May you find your rest in him as he continues to heal your spirit and restore your strength.Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful word from our Lord.I believe it wasn't just for you.He will use this through you to touch many- blessings you have-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. JBR you've been through alot last year. I think the Lord took you out of that job to restore you. He may have other plans for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JBR sometimes it is hard to see what God's plan is, but it seems like you are really growing through this.A sabbatical may be just what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sabattial sounds like a good thing. A time to think and set your priorities in line for the next adventure in your life. Wish I could take time off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "He leads me beside still waters . . . He restores my soul . . ."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rest well my dear. God does know what is best.

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still upset the way they had treated me at work. I might still be working but a lot lesser than what it used to be. But from what I hear also, it was really bad right now the way our facilities and people are being managed. I'm glad God took me away from that place and it became an advantage not only for me, but to my family as well. He is awesome and faithful! I like that you wrote about the word "sabbatical"...I'll take my case that way...Thanks. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God knows just what you need. How comforting to hear Him reassure you! I pray He meets all of your needs during this time of rest. My husband was laid off almost a full year. God continuously showed us His faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. take this time to enjjoy whats been given you. Jesus will provide your needs. Learn wheat he's showing you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God works in mysterious ways. Only rarely are we able to get a glimpse of what He's doing . . . but He's always at work. And since He never sleeps or slumbers, we can rest. I pray that you will take this time to fill yourself to the full with God and His Word . . . He's preparing you for what lies ahead. Nothing is wasted in God's plans. Trust Him through your doubts and fears. You'll be surprised by His grace and consumed with His provision. Your life is a miracle in the making.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  13. God does know our needs. It is lovely to hear a word of encouragement from him. I'm sure in your next job you will be a great blessing and God will use you there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Lord uses those sabbaticals, whether chose by us or not, to restore and refresh us, and that is what I pray for you during this season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. With all the stress you've been under this past year a sabbatical may do you good. The Lord knows the plan He has in mind for you, my friend, and the toxic atmosphere of your workplace couldn't have been healthy for you. My deepest wish for you is that the Lord brings you to that place of healing and freedom that you have so longed for. May our sweet Jesus show you what a treasure you truly are. Hugs and blessings, JBR. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We just never know what all He is actually protecting us from. He does have a plan and He knows what He is doing.

    ReplyDelete