"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

FAMILY CALAMITY

I was listening to Beth Moore the other day. Now that is one woman with a testimony. She spoke on the "family." The dysfunctional family.

We all can relate to having come from some type of a dysfunctional family. Some more severe than others. Regardless, our family shaped who we are today. The rope that holds the family has come from many different strands which tangle up and make a calamity. Not just happening over one thing. But many.

God can help unravel it.

Blame and shame are very much a part of the "Family Calamity." Oh, I can certainly contest to this. I grew up in a blame shamed atmosphere. Not just from my parents, but I began to blame and shame my own self. Giving no grace or mercy to myself. Deep within the blaming and shaming lies the battle of "love and hate."

Out of this blaming and shaming, I have made poor decisions which added to the calamity. Having to own up to my consequences.

This is where God comes in. Because only He can see into the deep dark hurt places of our heart. He understands and can put words to feelings and emotions that we cannot even grasp. He knows the pain in the sin. He knows exactly what needs to be broken. The amount of mercy to release the bondage.

There are many of us who can go on for years with a wounded heart from our childhood that has not been healed. We cover it up. Scars upon scars. For some of us we are so full of hate that it rules our every move.

Beth stated something really powerful. She said something to the effect that your "first" worst memory of abuse, whether sexual, verbal, emotional, physical, spiritual, or all, you need to remind satan that this was a pivotal point in your life.

Sure it was very painful and frightening. But, we need to remind the enemy from the very first time we can recall our abuse that with God we can stand up against his attacks. That God's power is made perfect in our weakness. What the devil meant for harm, we can over come. We can stand on the devil's neck (we do have that authority) and tell him "who is in charge, and where he can go!"

Our God redeems! Hallelujah! He can restore what was taken from us in our youth. He is always ready for restoration. Willing to forgive us as we repent.

God disciplines us in a "loving" way. For some of us this may still be difficult to understand. I know I am one who finds love hard to comprehend. Let alone feel. But, God continues to work His way into my heart very patiently and gently. One day I believe I will totally feel His love.

God so desires to heal our broken heart if we yield to Him. Will you yield to Him today?

4 comments:

  1. JBR well put. Giving our everything over to God to heal us is where the power supply becomes fully charged. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many are confused, depressed, and have nowhere to go. They reached the end of their ropes and then what? I like the challenge you added in the end. Because we do have that choice to give our all to His hands. Surrender. But what a sweet victory when it comes to surrendering our lives to Jesus. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness the calamity doesn't have to be our final end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so well put, JBR. And very, very helpful. This is one of those posts I'll likely return to in the future. Family relationships are such a complex part of identity, and even more confusing when blame and shame are part of the mix. Thank you for providing some clarity. Also, thank you so much for your ongoing support. I appreciate it more than you know. xxx

    ReplyDelete