"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Thursday, April 05, 2012

SURVIVORS

“If you feel overwhelmed reading about the long-term effects of abuse, remember that you have already lived through the hardest part-the abuse itself. You have survived against formidable odds. The same abuse that undercut you has also provided you with many of the inner resources necessary for healing. One quality every survivor can be confident of having is strength. And with an understanding of what it takes to heal, that strength leads directly to determination. “ - Courage To Heal

I would just like to encourage those of you who still struggle with your past and what was done to you. As stated above, we lived and survived through the hardest part of our abuse! We Are Survivors!

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

16 comments:

  1. Great encouraging post! You are an example to so many of the strength and dependence on God it takes to push through the pain and grab a hold of the healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Jesus set me free
    I'm so glad Jesus set me free
    I'm so glad Jesus set me free
    glory hallelujah he set me free

    ReplyDelete
  3. JBR it's about that freedom you talk about all the time! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you know? Thank you.

    smooches,
    Larie

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, we have and shall I be your memory when you are feeling overwhelmed? I will... :)
    Have a good day JBR~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Full of encouragement and the fact that having strength/confidence in yourself and with God on your side you/we can face the world head on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOUR POSTS CARRY SO MUCH WEIGHT OF HONESTY AND ENCOURAGEMENT JBR. YOUR GETTING YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND DEPENDING ON GOD MUCH MORE FREELY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did that picture of the butterfly. I love butterflies. Encouraging post. Helps with my thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi JBR hopefully this reaches you as I am not sure how to successfully post comments to blogs yet. But I just wanted to send a smile to you. Lovely post and the funny thing is it applies to so much more in life than just sexual abuse. I was wondering.g if you would like to write a visitors post for my blot? You don't have to. Thank you. Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true JBR...wishing you a very Easter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the comfort that comes from His faithful promises...Thanks for encouraging all of us. God bless JBR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for that beautiful quote - it is one of the most difficult books I've ever read ... but very healing.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an encouraging quote!! Thank you for sharing it. (I would love it if you would submit this to the blog carnival against child abuse)

    Blessings to you, and Happy Resurrection Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very uplifting and encouraging - thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very uplifting and encouraging - thank you!!! Really love this post. This book is one that I have been wanting to check out, and this post just reminded me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Want to do more than just survive...........

    ReplyDelete