"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

QUIRKY BIRD

When I saw this picture, I thought of how much I have changed over these few years. I am now the quirky bird on the right. I used to do crazy fun things with my childhood friends that were so bizarre. (***JBR smiles***)

My journey has taken me through many twists and turns of self-discovery. Striving to put away my many masks and just becoming myself. Exposed, uncut and ultimately more confident!

My quirkiness of fun is reappearing.

Although I can still get hurt very easily by stabbing words and looks, the difference now is, when I do get hurt, it does not stop me from stepping out once again.

Before I would curl up in a ball and hide in fear from being verbally destroyed. Now, there is a quicker turn-a-round time when that happens to heal and move on. Glory to God!

Pressure can be off of us when we finally realize that we need not be anyone else but our self! That each and everyone of us is uniquely made! It is not easy to believe, I know. But, it is true!!

Courage plays a big part in being different. Accepting who we are. Quirks and all. And if others cannot handle your quirkiness, their loss.

Will you become a Quirky Bird too?

13 comments:

  1. Ha Ha this is a funny picture. Glad your finding yourself and are happy now. Youv'e must of been fun as a kid to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 16, 2012

    JBR I'm so happy to read your progress. Sometimes I sit at my desk reflecting on other blogging sites I've visited. But when I come to yours, you offer up so much more. You always offer up hope and accomplishment. You always have something special to offer. You! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks God for loving us for what we are. Anyway. he was the one who created us:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have written this. For you to have written it gives me great JOY! Keep moving forward. God loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a big step in growth to have a quick turn-around when you are hurt. Good for you. I am quirky, but I like my quirks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture. I am so happy you are getting your quirky back. I was on a blog this morning asking about being spontaneous. I haven't been good at that but I am trying to be more spontaneous. Life is too short not to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 16, 2012

    I'M LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF WITH THE PICTURE. JBR YOU'RE TO FUNNY. I GUESS THAT PART OF YOUR QUIRKINESS RIGHT? ;-) IF THAT'S YOU THEN THAT'S THE WAY. . . . . UH-HUH I LIKE IT, UH-HUH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might as well be yourself because everyone else is already taken and no one can be you but you. I love the owl picture. So cute! And who couldn't use a little more fun in their life? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just beginning to accept myself and not be so concerned about what others think. After all it only matters what God thinks. Since I've been following your blog I see this in you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I' ve lost it JBR, about 10, or 11 years ago when my last sister got married and left. After that I lived with aging relatives anfaced a lot of adversity, so all that faded away. I miss the fun times of those days, I was real crazy too..I' d like to be that quirky bird again

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently I am quirky, so I am told, in a fun sort of way. I enjoy it in myself. I'm happy to hear your turn around time is getting quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The picture is endearing especially the birdie on the right :)

    From experience, I try to stay away from the negative people I meet and nurture those who help me become a better person. My personal relationship with God has also enabled me to overcome unpleasant events and I try to dwell more on the positives. God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol! Love the picture! I'm already quirky and happy that you are too! It's good to be unique - God didn't make a bunch of robots, He made each of us different with special gifts for each one. I'm so glad you are learning to love the beauty of you!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete