"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MUM HUNG UP ON ME!

Tonight's phone call to my mum consisted of "why I do not call my brother anymore?" And,

"Why I am not coming to her condo's Labor Day picnic on Sunday?"

After telling her that I would not be interested in coming to her condo picnic, she exclaimed, "I figured as much and thought to myself why bother asking you because you don't care anyway." Guilt trip #1.

Then when she asked why I do not call my brother anymore and when was the last time I spoke with him? I replied "why does that bother you so much?" Her response was, like usual, "that he is my only blood relative left besides her and I should keep in contact with him." Then she got miffed at me when I was not taking what she said seriously especially when I replied back, "I am not going to feel guilty about not coming to your picnic and not calling my brother." Guilt #2

She then said, "If I can't tell you things because I'm your mother, who are you then going to listen to? If that's the case we have nothing to talk about." SHE hung up on me this time. Wo- Now, she is trying the reverse psychology to see if she can get a rise out of me. Guilt + Rejection #3

By her last statement showed that she thinks "I should listen to her only, no one else matters. Not me. Not anyone else's opinions."

For those of you who do not know what is going on with my mum and I you can see a recap HERE

I knew this would be coming.... Will process....






8 comments:

  1. Hi jbr, you sound so strong and clear-headed. When people are manipulating, I usually cannot see it. I end up just feeling sad and confused and twisted around. That is later my clue that I was being manipulated. Good for you for being so aware and setting boundaries despite her pushing back against them. I'm inspired and impressed :) hope you're feeling ok about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your mother treats you like a child. She seems to be a very controlling woman. I read your other post. You stood up to her which is good. It's probably gonna take some time to set boundaries with her. Be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother has no right to tell you to call your brother-- does she know about the abuse? I'm sorry she guilt tripped you so much. Stay strong, okay?

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there JBR. I'm so sorry you are going through this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!!! Why would you want to go to your mother's condo picnic anyway??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you, sweet JBR!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mother must be clueless...I think you handled yourself very well. Why don't you just tell her about your abuse or have you tried to before and gotten no where?

    Stay strong JBR. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete