"Yet a time is coming
and has now come when the true worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

My Heavenly Daddy is healing
me from the inside out.

Transparency is Real.
Many times painful.

Daddy let me be secure in You only!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

ARE YOU TRANSPARENT?

Are you transparent?

Guess what it requires?

It requires that we swallow our pride and admit that we fail, just like everyone else. Oh so true! We prefer to let people see the façade of perfection. It is so much easier to just keep quiet and let people think that we are good little human beings. Transparency is very hard. Personally, I have become more transparent not only with myself and my struggles, but with people and most importantly with God. None of us are perfect, and I think we all know that to some degree. If we look at those around us, it may seem as if they are perfect and we are not. Believe you me, that is far from the truth! Still, it is hard to admit our sin, when it feels like we are the only ones who struggle.

God commands us to be transparent,
“For we all stumble in many ways,” James 3:2.

13 comments:

  1. It is very hard at times to know we are not the only one that struggles. God knows our every secret so it only makes sense to be transparent to Him. sometimes it is harder to be open to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, great question but I don't think I'm transparent while experiencing the struggle because I feel I need to be strong. However, when I become transparent is when the struggle is over and I talk about it like it was no big deal...I do not like to publically stumble!Thanks so mcuh for an insightful post JBR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 39 begins, "Jehovah , thou has searched me, and known me"; it ends, "Search me, O God, and know my heart ..."

    Which is a test!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture for your word today. I think I fear transparency with people because I fear judgment...maybe that is because in the past I judged...very thought provoking post requiring more self analyzation. Thanks JBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I feel too transparent, and it invokes quite a lot of fear in me. I guess one of my greatest challenges will be increasing my confidence so that I am comfortable with that transparency. Great post! Very insightful! Thank you, JBR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS A GREAT POST. THOUGHT PROVOKING. I TRY TO BE AS HONEST WITH OTHERS AS I'M WITH MYSELF. NOT ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL. JBR YOUR BROUGHT THIS TRUTH TO LIFE WITH ME IN THIS POST. OH OH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trusting Him to take me there:)
    I so want to be.
    He is faithful....letting Him
    free me to transparency.
    love you, beautiful JBR,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe I am too transparent. So transparent that people don't even see me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I've been transparent it's been hard but like a breath of fresh air and sadly I forget that sometimes. Middle Child - God sees you, knows you and loves you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey JBR. I tried to email you through your link but I couldn't without a Windows Live account. I then tried to just send you an email to the account that was listed, but it was returned to me. BelovedBomber@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is beautiful!! You are right on the mark, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It took me years to be transparent and to be able to admit when I was wrong. I am not sure what level of transparency I am at!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post. Where did you get this picture from? Any copyrights involved because I would like to use this picture for my project.

    ReplyDelete